This General Data Protection Regulation Notice (“Notice”) is provided by Whisky Parts Co., a brand of Quality Bicycle Products, Inc. (“QBP”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”). This Notice explains how We collect, use, and disclose personal information about individuals in the EU. This notice also explains certain rights that individuals in the EU have under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
WHO WE ARE:
QBP is the largest distributer of bicycle parts and accessories in the bicycle industry. In addition to wholesaling bicycles and components from other manufacturers, QBP owns and manufactures several brands of its own including Whisky Parts Co..
Quality Bicycle Products, Inc.
6400 W. 105th Street
Bloomington, Minnesota 55438
WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
We collect the following Personal Data:
- Personal information, including contact details such as telephone number and address and financial information such as payment card details including credit and debit card numbers
- Unique Identifiers such as full name, IP Address, or user alias
- Purchase information, such as products and services obtained and transaction histories
- Internet or online activity information such as browsing history, and information regarding interaction with our website or advertisements
- Geolocation data
- Inferences based on information about an individual to create a summary about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
- Characteristics of protected class (applicable if we collect info on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, age, citizenship status, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, or status as a victim of domestic violence).
- Audio or similar information (applicable if we record calls through our customer service center).
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
We collect and use Personal Data for a number of purposes. A primary purpose is to ensure we can provide Customers with the products and services we offer and which they have requested. As described in further detail below, we also need to use Personal Data for purposes of carrying out our business operations, including confirming a person’s authority as a representative or agent of a Customer, maintaining business continuity plans and processes, undertaking internal investigations and audits, handling legal claims, responding to requests from supervisory authorities, and complying with applicable laws and regulations on a global basis. We collect, process, and use Personal Data to:
- Provide and manage products and services
- We may contact you regarding customer service issues or billing matters
- If you purchase goods/services, We will need to use your Personal Information to process your order and to enable delivery
- Support of everyday operations, including to meet risk, legal, and compliance requirements
- To prevent fraud
- Collect fees
- Resolve disputes
- Assist with investigations
- Process warranty claims
- Distribute important product information (such as recall information)
- Enforce Our agreements
- To comply with Our legal obligations
- Manage, improve, and develop our business
- Perform system administration activities,
- Customize your content
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you
If you agree, We will share your data with Our affiliates so that they may offer you their products and services. If you do not agree, you can opt-out by contacting us at email@example.com.
HOW DO WE STORE YOUR DATA?
Personal Data will be safely stored in the databases of QBP and will be held and maintained by QBP or on behalf of QBP by QBP service providers. Appropriate measures are taken so that Personal Data can be kept accurate and up-to-date, which will be in accordance with applicable security requirements. In an effort to prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of Personal Data, We will take appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect Personal Data and ensure it is accessed by our team members only on a need-to-know basis.
We will keep Personal Data no longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Notice. We will destroy Personal Data after we no longer need it. However, we may need to hold Personal data beyond these retention periods due to regulatory requirements of a particular country or in response to a regulatory audit, investigation, or other legal matter.
For Dealers registering with or ordering through our QBP website (“Site”), you will have a unique identification and password for accessing our products and services. We encourage you to choose your password wisely such that no intruder or third party can obtain any unauthorized access to the Site. We also encourage you to keep your password confidential and not have any written or other record of the password that can be accessible by an intruder or third party.
This Notice provides you with details about your Personal Data rights. You have the following rights in relation to your Personal Data:
- Access: You can ask us for a description of the Personal Data we hold about you and our purposes for holding it; you can ask for a paper or electronic copy of this information
- Rectification: You can ask us to correct your Personal Data if you see that it is inaccurate or incomplete
- Objection: You can object to our processing of your Personal Data where we base such processing on our legitimate interests or, if applicable, on public interests or whether we act under an official authority. You can also object if we use your Personal Data for direct marketing purposes
- Erasure: You can ask us to destroy your Personal Data if you believe we no longer need it or we are inappropriately using it, or if you withdraw your consent. You can also ask for the destruction after you object to our use of your Personal Data or for compliance with a legal obligation.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to temporarily stop using your Personal Data when you contest its accuracy, when you believe our use is unlawful, or when you wish us to keep but not use your Personal Data beyond our time limit for storage for the purpose of a legal claim you’ve made or plan to make. You can also ask us to temporarily stop using your Personal Data during the prior we are processing your objection request.
- Data Portability: You have the right to receive Personal Data you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format. You also have the right to request that we transmit your Personal Data directly to another party if technically feasible. This right only related to Personal data which we process based on your consent, or on a contract you have with us, and where we carry out the processing by automated means
- Complaint with a supervisory authority: You have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority in the European Union.
HOW CAN YOU REVOKE CONSENT TO USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
To the extent that consent is required by applicable law and our collection, use, disclosure or other processing of Personal data is not otherwise permitted by applicable law, by providing Personal Data to QBP, you consent to the collection, use, disclosure, and other processing of Personal Data as described in this Notice.
You may revoke consent at any time by notifying the Data Privacy Officer listed below. Prior uses and disclosures will not be affected (unless required by applicable law), and we may otherwise continue to process Personal Data as merited or required by law.
HOW CAN YOU STOP QBP BRANDS AND AFFILIATES FROM SENDING MARKETING MATERIAL TO YOU?
We will only send you marketing and sales material where, to the extent required by applicable law, you have consented to receive such materials. If you do not want to receive marketing and sales materials from QBP by direct mail, telephone, or email, please follow the unsubscribe or opt-out instructions provided in those communications or submit a written request to the Data Privacy Officer using the address shown below. We will comply with any such request within a reasonable period after receiving it.
HOW CAN YOU EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS?
At QBP, we have team members who are dedicated to responding to requests in relation to your Personal Data, and to help with any other questions that you may have. Please contact the Data Privacy officer using the contact information below:
CAN WE MODIFY THIS NOTICE?
We will modify this Notice as a result of amendments to laws or regulations, or due to other reasons involving our operation. We do, we will post the revised Notice on this webpage indicating when the Notice was “Last Updated.”
Last Updated 01/08/2021